Template for the development of a full proposal
I. Information about applicants
Name of the applicant(s)
II. Information about the institution
A. Mission, history, and activities of the applying institution including organizational and scientific capacity.
B. Describe your institution's international experiences in initiating and managing national and international networks.
C. Describe your institution's experience in communication through publishing newsletter, annual reports, teleconferencing, web-site maintenance.
D. Describe your institution's experience in organizing major international conferences,
Research training (short- and long-term), and other similar activities.
E. Provide a brief description of the country's comparative advantage and its national health research coordination structures and stakeholders.
III. The INDEPTH Headquarters
F. The institution will host the INDEPTH Headquarters for an initial period of five (5) years, renewable
G. Proposed organisation of the new INDEPTH Headquarters will have a maximum requirement of 5 offices.
Proposed interactions with host institutions include provision of logistics for the INDEPTH Headquarters.
H. Describe how the host institution will support the INDEPTH activities in relation to fundraising for INDEPTH, maintaining relationship with the chairs and members of the INDEPTH Board and Scientific Advisory Committee, and any support to INDEPTH that your institution may consider appropriate.
I. The expectations of INDEPTH Network from the host institution comprise at least:
● Provision of two support staff to be determined;
● Provision of office space for two support staff and 5-6 senior staff including the Executive Director;
● Availability of meeting room (for group meetings);
● An administrative infrastructure and IT platform;
● Facilitating the process for the relocation of the office and international staff; and
● Ability to register INDEPTH Network as an international organisation in the country of applying institution with potential for a headquarters agreement that would accord INDEPTH tax-exempt status.
J. Proposed budget: Please specify which items your institution will finance for INDEPTH Network and those that will be billed to INDEPTH Network as specified in the appended budget form (Appendix A).
Provide a strategy analysis showing your institution’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats with regard to hosting the INDEPTH Headquarters
VI. Selection procedure
To ensure that the selection procedure for the institution to host the INDEPTH Headquarters is conducted in a fair and transparent manner, the following process will be respected:
K. A Selection Committee established by the Board will conduct the initial review of the applications and make recommendations to the INDEPTH Board.
The selection criteria will include but not limited to the following:
- Host institution‘s history, reputation and experience in the areas of work of the Network;
- Experience in hosting similar or other institutions/organizations;
- Visibility of the host institution;
- Accessibility of the hosting country – including location, ease of transportation to/fro country ;
- Stability of host country ; and
- Facilities and support to be granted to INDEPTH Network.
The recommendation shall indicate the most suitable host in order of decreasing preference.
L. There will be a visit to the top two institutions by February 15, 2018
M. The INDEPTH Board will make the final decision regarding the selection by February 28, 2018.
2. Motivation for Budget
Please provide detailed motivation and basis for the requests made above.
Outline details and status of any funding that has been received, applied for or committed to the proposed transfer and maintenance of the INDEPTH Headquarters to your institution.
|Budget (itemized list of financial requirements to successfully host the INDEPTH Headquarters, with a substantive motivation for the listed requirements or levels of funding)|
|Item||Description (provide details)||Unit Cost||No of Units||Total Cost per year (US$)||Amount requested from INDEPTH|
|1. Office Space Facility||Office space, meeting room, electricity, water|
|2. Support Staff||1. ….|
|3. Administration, Infrastructure, IT Platform||Admin, Infrastructure, Internet, Telephone|
|4. Specialised Services||Equipment maintenance|
|5. Fundraising||Funding to support the INDEPTH Scientific Conference every two years|