Job Opportunities - ABACUS Project Africa Regional Coordinator
ABACUS Project Africa Regional Coordinator
The ABACUS project regional coordinator is responsible for coordinating ABACUS activities in three Africa countries including Ghana, Mozambique and South Africa. S/he is the main point of contact for the ABACUS network to interact with study principal investigators (PIs), advisor board, the project secretariat at INDEPTH, regional coordinator in Asia and 3 study teams in above African countries.
Specific major tasks including
(1) faciliate study activities in study site in the assigned region
(2) mornitor and follow-up study process in assigned sites.
(3) report to study Pis/INDEPTH and
(4) involve in writing articles for publication.
The ABACUS project regional coordinator will be employed by the Project and will be based in the INDEPTH Resource and Training Centre in Accra, Ghana.
The ABACUS project Africa Regional coordinator will be supervised by the INDEPTH Scientific Research and Coordination Manager in his/her day-to-day activities at the INDEPTH Resource and Training Centre. S/he will also be working directly with Project Co-PIs
- Develop detailed work plan in coordination with overall ABACUS objectives and work streams
- Organizing consultations of the advisor board, PIs and providing technical support to sites
- Actively contribute to and, when appropriate, lead Group / Project meetings
- Producing quaterly reports to INDEPTH and regular newsletters to update sites on study status
- Attending project meetings, training workshop and involving in training to sites including data entry, management and analysis.
- Contribute to, and at times, lead on writing articles for publications that will form the basis for policy action to improve the use of antibiotics in these countries
- Contribute to writing proposal for funding application
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualification required and experience:
- Masters Degree or higher in a relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related position.
- Experience in project management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with HDSS sites will be an added advantage
Length of engagement
1st March 2018 – 31st October 2018
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their application and CV including details of referees by email to Prof Heiman Wertheim (email@example.com) ( and Prof. John Kinsman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CLOSING DATE: 22nd February 2018
SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED